Published July 27, 2017 | Updated July 29, 2017
By Carl Paladino
In a hearing for my removal from the Buffalo Board of Education before Education Commissioner MaryEllen Elia, evidence was presented that board members Barbara Seals Nevergold, Sharon Belton-Cottman, Theresa Harris-Tigg, Paulette Woods, Hope Jay and Jennifer Mecozzi, the Buffalo Teachers Federation and its president, Philip Rumore, conspired or colluded to rig the October 2016 contract between the Buffalo Public Schools and the BTF.
I request that:
1) Commissioner Elia:
• Discharge the entire Board of Education for cause.
• Appoint a competent special master to operate the BPS.
• Sanction the BTF and Rumore for their complicity.
• Commence an action against the BTF to abrogate the illegal contract.
2) The Buffalo Control Board convert to a “hard” board and act to abrogate the contract.
3) The U.S. attorney investigate the rigging of the contract to seek out criminal activity.